Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Commitment to Myself

So...I've got some baby weight to lose, well maybe not some but a lot!  I also need to get in shape so I can start chasing around 2 kids and keep up with John.  It looks like I've got some work cut out for me.  I'd also like to be in shape for when we visit my parents for snowboarding in late winter-early spring.  I'd also like to be able to fit back into all my awesome work clothes.  I DO NOT WANT TO BUY ANY MORE NEW SUITS - they're to effing expensive!

I'm going to make a commitment to myself, to John, and the Kids.  I'm going to work out every day - beginning today.  I'm either going to get up at 5am and work out, or work out after the kids are down for the night.  So, that means my work out opportunities are 5am or after 10pm.  I don't like either of these options but options are what they are.

If I want to loos the baby weight, and get in shape - only this will help me lose the baby weight.  I'm not one of those women who can just modify my diet or go to weight watchers and lose weight.  I require muscle building and cardio to drop weight. Now - I've "hired" a personal trainer to help me get motivated and to kick my @ss! No, it's not John - though he will be joining me.  I found my personal trainer last year, when I was trying to loose the remaining baby weight i gained with the girl, right before I got pregnant with the boy.  All I can say is he kicks my @ss daily, when I show up.

Who is this mystery man?  He's Tony Horton, and I'm doing P90X.  I've been feeling like such crap lately and I only recently realized I'm going through Tony-Withdrawal.  I need my Tony fix.   So, I'm re-dedicating myself to dailies with Tony.  And I'm bringing John along for the ride.   We both need to get back in shape, because having two kids is a killer on staying in shape.  Its seems you never have the time, you're too tired, and you've got too much to do.  Yada, yada, yada...we all know the excuses. But we have to get it done.

So, I'm re-dedicating myself to a better life, for me, for John, and for the kids.  I'm going to get back on the exercising bandwagon. And I'm going to use an additional incentive: a new pair of running shoes! (Its always shoes isn't it!)  What a great incentive: a new pair of Mizuno wave creations!  But there's a catch.  I need to make it through a minimum of 6 weeks doing P90X before I can purchase those new Mizunos.  The nice thing about that is I'll have 6 weeks of P90X under my belt getting me in shape, and by the time those 6 weeks are up the weather around DC will start turning towards fall, which means great running weather.

The next time you see me face to face I'll have lost some of the baby weight. Maybe not all of it, but some will have been melted away and exchanged for Rock Hard Muscle.  Within the next year I'm going to be in the best shape I've ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment